We're More Than Just Gravel!
1004 SE Spencer Ave - Port Orchard,WA
Phone: (360) 876-4701
& Gardenscape Supplies
for Paver Joints
- Slate Grey
- Black Diamond
Supersand is a unique mixture of polymer binders and calibrated sand. The installation of Supersand is almost identical to using regular paver joint sand except for the application of water. Once Supersand sets, it becomes very firm and locks between the paver joints while still retaining flexibility and providing a long lasting, durable jointing material. Supersand is recommended for a variety of uses including pool decks, patios, footpaths, driveways, parking spaces, pavements etc.
- Pavers and slabs must be installed according to ICPI Tech Spec #2 (www.icpi.org) before Supersand Bond installation. If pavers are installed over a concrete slab, (overlay application) GATOR MAXX polymeric sand must be used.
- Supersand Bond Technical Data Sheet is available at: AllianceGator.com
- Pavers’ sides and top surfaces must be completely dry. Do not apply if the paver surface is damp or wet. The damp or wet surface will cause Supersand Bond to prematurely activate and will lead to the polymers sticking on the paver surface.
- Do not apply if the paver joints are damp or wet. This will prevent the Supersand Bond from properly sliding into the joints and obtaining very densely packed joints, which is critical to the product's performance.
- Temperature must be above 32°F with dry conditions (no rain for at least 1 hour) before installing Supersand Bond.
- Avoid excessive watering or flooding of paver surface.
- For all paver surfaces, and particularly around in-ground pools, there must be a slope of 1/8 inch (0.3 cm) per linear foot away from the edge of the pool, or structures to ensure optimal performance of the Supersand Bond.
- For the pool coping units, it is mandatory to use mortar in the joints. For the rest of the paver installation around the pool, you can use Supersand Bond.
- Do not sweep Supersand Bond over asphalt.
- Install Supersand Bond a minimum of 1/8 inch (0.3 cm) below the paver surface or erosion may occur. The filled and cured v joints should never be in direct contact with foot traffic or tires. The product must only be used as a recessed jointing material.